Posted on Thursday, February 1st, 2018 at 12:24 pm by Jeremy
Valentine's Day is coming up, which means it's time to be bombarded with "I Love You" posts on your Facebook timeline... Which is to be expected because it's the most romantic holiday of the year! But what we're interested in finding out here at RIJ, is it cliché to propose on Valentine's Day? Obviously and honestly, being in the jewelry business, we think it's the perfect time to get engaged. If you think about it, if you chose any holiday to propose, why wouldn't it be Valentine's Day?
After doing some research, we found an awesome survey done by Propeller Insights for Ebates.com. PI surveyed 1,008 American adults and found that 48% of the respondents agree that a Valentine's Day proposal is actually romantic!
Here are some more findings from the survey:
- 64% of the individuals in the survey said they would celebrate V-Day this year.
- Nearly half of the surveyee's said they wanted to celebrate the evening with dinner at a fancy restaurant.
- 54% admitted they were going to get a gift for their partner.
- 49% said they were expecting a gift in return.
The most popular gift choices:
- 34% of respondents agree a night out would be an ideal gift.
- 33% agreed chocolate would be a great gift.
- 26% agreed that a bouquet of flowers would be nice.
- 47% of those who wanted flowers preferred roses.
“Our research shows that Americans are interested in spending quality time together and buying meaningful gifts,” said Amit Patel, CEO of Ebates.
If you're in a relationship, and in love, don't hesitate to swing by Robert Irwin Jewelers. If you're ready to pop the question, we're here to provide her dream engagement ring.
Whether it's this Valentine's Day, or any other day, we're here to help you every step of the way!
If you're looking for perfect gifts just CLICK THE HEART! Free 2 day shipping or order online and pick up in store!
Come see us at any of our four convenient locations: